|1. This is a RETAIL SALE ONLY. All Prices are net.
2. All lots are sold as genuine unless otherwise noted. In case of a dispute as to authenticity, the decision of an expertising source that is mutually agreeable to Coughlin's and the buyer will be binding. Sources we usually use are the PF (Philatelic Foundation) or the APS (American Philatelic Society).
If you dispute the authenticity of an item, you must notify us within 10 days of receipt of the item (s) either by phone or email. The item in question must be returned to us with a request for certification within 15 days of receipt by the buyer. We will obtain the certification from your choice of the above or we can mutually agree on an alternative.
We can get discounted rates saving money for our customers not members of the APS or PF. We also can use PSE. Payment need not be made to Coughlin's until a good certificate is obtained. On Receiving a good certificate, we will bill you for the cost of obtaining the certification and the lot price. If the opinion is returned as “not Genuine”, then we will absorb the actual certification costs and advise the purchaser of the results. If the opinion is “No Opinion”, the purchaser will bear the cost of the certification.
3. Coughlin's retains the title to all items until payment in full has been finalized. (Checks cleared bank or payment made in full).
4. Coughlin's reserves the right to hold all items until payment is made in full.
5. Lots will be sold to the first order received. Email :First order in the received in our incoming Que by date/ time. (This option only applies to mailed Private Treaty Sales only. Mail: Earliest postmark on orders received the same day.)
6. Coughlin's reserves the right to sell duplicate lots of the same price, quality and description on any items either not illustrated or illustrated by FILE PHOTO, or by
STOCK PHOTO illustrations on line of in a possible printed Catalog. All items thus sold will match the condition described.
7. Unsigned mail orders will NOT be honored. On email, and phoned orders, we will bill you (at our discretion) unless your order is accompanied by authorization to charge your credit card. All credit card orders must include type of card, Number and Expiration Date as well as your billing address for the card and the 3 digit number on the back. (Due to the requirements for electronic processing.) On line orders MUST fill out all the required data on the order form in our store, Or in the rare event of a Private Treaty Sale, the order blank on our website.
8. Postage will be charged on all orders. Orders will be sent via Certified, Registered or Express Mail at your request.
ALL overseas buyers UNKNOWN TO US will have to be shipped via Registered Mail OR a Secured shipping source of your choice in which event you assume total liability for delivery once we have shipped.
Insurance is optional to buyers, at their expense.
9. Coughlin's reserves the right to withdraw any lot from the sale.
10. Coughlin's will not honor returns on lots more than 30 days after shipping, or for reasons of faults clearly described in lot descriptions, or illustrated lots for reasons of centering, missing perfs or other obvious characteristics or faults. We try to describe lots with great care and accuracy, but like all people we occasionally do make mistakes. Mistakes are taken back with humble apologies, and we will refund all postage costs to you according to the following terms: (On items under $200.00 send regular mail, for items $200-$1,000 return by Certified mail (no Return Receipt) and for items over $1000.00 return by Registered mail (no Return Receipt). We will not pay for return receipt charges, or for charges incurred for shipment other than proscribed above.
On items returned under $200.00 You must obtain for your records and for my insurance to cover returns, a Post Office proof of mailing form (you keep for your records just in case) at your expense, otherwise if you want insurance on items under $200.00 you must pay it on returns.
11. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
12. A signed order or an order via the internet is your full acceptance of these rules and conditions of sale.
13. You signify by clicking the link to view the lots you acceptance of these terms and verify that you have read and agree to them.
Ray L. Coughlin
Coughlin's || Table of Contents || Send E-Mail
Last Update: 10/19/2008
Web Author: Ray L. Coughlin
Copyright ©2017 by Coughlin's - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED